Since it was Labor Day weekend, Dana and I decided to go to Moab and visit Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. It was quite an Adventure!!:) We left late on Saturday and thus arrived in Moab after dark and decided to hike the Delicate Arch Trail in the dark. If you've seen the trail, then you know what a brilliantly dangerous idea this was! It was a pretty nice hike and the night sky was absolutely beautiful so that made up for us not actually seeing the Arch as we walked by it on several occasions. The rain that was supposed to begin at 11 am actually hit at 3 am, we had only been sleeping for maybe 30 minutes. Again, sheer brilliance that we did not have a tent....:) It was a wonderful Utah rainstorm that lays down a lot of rain in a very short amount of time. The sleeping bags were drenched and we were cold so we went to Denny's for hot chocolate and breakfast.
Both of the Parks were amazing, although I think that I will say I enjoyed Canyonlands more. Maybe that was due to the fact that I had 17 hours of sleep before instead of 30 minutes! Seeing areas like that always reminds me of the great love that Heavenly Father has for His children, to create such beauty. To see several pictures of our adventure, go to Dana's blog! http://danacheryl.blogspot.com/
1 comment:
Great times! Thanks so much for being such a good sport!!!!
Oh and can I just say that I know those pants are too big for me! I put them in the DI box this morning. :)
Post a Comment