Saturday, September 13, 2008

Half Marathon-2:32:?

I ran a half marathon today and thought I would share my photos with all! The morning was a little cold and by the time we started I was ready to run simply to warm up. I held pace with a brother and sister duo for the first 7 miles of the race. They chatted and kept me entertained for that time. They were a lot of fun! I then kept pace with another girl for the remainder of the race and we finished together. She pushed me to do a victory sprint at the end of the race and I am very grateful to her for that! At 4 miles to go, my calves started to cramp but I thought, "I've made it this far, I'll run through it because I'm not stopping now!" 3 miles to go, I thought , "6 months ago I ran on the treadmill, thinking '3 more minutes, 3 more minutes.....now I'm chanting 3 more miles." The last mile I was getting excited for the finish and at the top of the last hill, there was my family. Jill ran ahead of the last leg of my journey and encouraged me to do a victory sprint. Thanks Jill for all of your encouragement and help stretching after it was over!! Next year, we'll be running it together!! Woot, Woot!! Great job to the organizers, great race!!

4 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Awesome possum! Go girl. :)

Holmes said...

Way to go!!! You are an inspiration. Great calves!
Love ya!

Holmes said...

Congratulations on your success on the marathon! I'm glad to know that there is one who likes marathon around me. (I have not met her yet though.) Let's enjoy marathon together someday!
Congrats Lisa!! This is a message from Sandy. In a way I guess that she is your second mom also. When you come maybe you can run a marathon with her.(Mike)

Lisa Lou said...

That is a good idea! When is there one and I'll plan my trip around it! I've found myself planning trips where there are races....Jill and I are looking at running another half in February in Sedona, AZ.