Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Selling my Material Possessions....


I have been without a job for nearly a month now and have deemed it necessary to sell some of my things in order to pay bills. For those of you who know me well, you know how much I love DVD's. Well, I have listed several of my DVD's on half.com and am selling them, so far I have sold three. I also sold a Calculus book, having made enough to make half of my car payment! :) Halfway is better than none at all! And this morning I came to the realization that it is time to part with my first car, a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle. (I think only my family knows how much that decision cost me!) My intention was to restore my Beetle completely and take it car shows, however it has been sitting in my parents garage for several years and today I decided that it deserves to be owned by someone who is actually going to fix it.

I still don't have a job but I had a really good interview on Tuesday with an amazing company that I think I would enjoy working for. The company recently went International and so there may be an opportunity in the future to go to Germany.....Ok, I may be wishing for that, it was never said! I had a good feeling about the interview and will hopefully hear about that tomorrow or Friday. They told me to call if I hadn't heard from them by Friday and so I shall because I really would like to work for that company. I ran this evening and am actually feeling a little better about running the half marathon in September. I think that at the end of this month I will run 11 miles to be sure I can handle it.

2 comments:

Holmes said...

Boy I learn a lot from blogs!! I didn't know you were planning on running a half marathon. Good luck. Keep us posted about the job and good luck selling stuff. I hope the car sells better than Mike's did. :)

Lisa Lou said...

Thanks Katie! For some reason I thought we had told you about the half marathon. We signed up for it on my birthday and since you can't get a refund we gotta do it! I have a job now so I am not quite as desperate to sell my car as before but Jill thinks that she might buy it because it would be a lot cheaper to drive.